Eighty eight years after the original publication, we are pleased to present a fresh digital copy of Volume II Part III of the ELAFNS transactions, first published in 1934. The volume is 260 pages in total and as ever lists the venues visited by the society in the previous year.
The previous year (1933) the society had visited a large number of locations, including Prestonpans.
The visit to the old Church of Prestonpans was of great interest as it wasVolume II Part III page 50
the first time the Society had gone to it, and it was a pleasure to all to hear
the interesting account of its history from Dr Ayre. The original church
was built in 1696, but in 1774 a greatly enlarged church was erected on the
same site. That later church underwent a thorough restoration in 1891.
The society by coincidence will be revisiting the Church and graveyard at Prestongrange this August for an update from Joy Dodd on its complex history and restructuring.
Nota Bene: You will need to join ELAFNS to take part in the excursion.