Saturday 7th September A walk at Tyninghame looking at the mansion house, the ruin of St Baldreds Kirk and the site of the old village of Tyninghame.
The mansion house, incorporating part of an early tower house, was extended in 1617. Built round a courtyard, it was remodelled and further extended in 1829 by William Burn.
The beautiful remains of the 12th century church, dedicated to St Baldred, lies to the south of the house. The parish church until 1761, it is now the burial ground of the Earls of Haddington.
The site of the old village of Tyninghame lies to the south, east and west of the church
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org